April 24, 2010

10 Little Things that Lead to a Happier, Healthier You!

It's inevitable. Life takes a toll on our happiness and well-being. We try to be all things to all people, and.. well.. it's stressful, to say the least!

So take a moment to think about your own 10 Little Things that Lead to a Happier, Healthier You. And when you've done that, check out this contest at TwitterMoms to see how you can win a $30 gift card.

1. First things first: Realize that you are only one person and you CANNOT do it all! That takes a lot of pressure off.

2. Learn to delegate. Find people you can trust and give them tasks to help you reach your goals. See #1. :)

3. Take time for yourself. Whether it's kicking back with a cup of green tea or reading your favorite book, nothing makes ME happier than doing things I love.

4. Take a bubble bath instead of a shower. I love long soaks in a hot tub, but even if you don't have time for a long hot soak, simply immersing yourself in a bath instead of standing under the shower does wonders for calming you down.

5. Take a multi-vitamin every day. I lead a busy, hectic life and don't always eat the way I should, so taking a daily vitamin and mineral supplement helps my body stay healthy, no matter what I stuff my face with. :)

6. Stop and smell the flowers! Back when daffodils first emerged in the spring, I finally decided one day to stop on my way to work, get out of the car, and grab a handful from where they were growing wild on the side of the road. I put them in a vase for my desk at work and not only brightened up my own workspace but also put smiles on the faces of everyone who stopped by my desk that day.

7. Park on the far end of the mall from the store you intend to shop at. Walking down the mall corridor to the store gives you a little bit of exercise you wouldn't have gotten by parking right near that store's entry.

8. Drink plenty of fluids. Yes, I know, you've heard that all your life, but it's really important. I personally drink several liters of water every day. I love water! It not only relieves my thirst like nothing else can, it also saves calories and is healthier for me in the long run. Dehydration takes its toll on hair, skin, and.. er.. bodily functions. It's true. You'll FEEL better when you stay hydrated!

9. Hug someone or something. Hug your child, hug your husband, mother, sister, brother, pet. Hug a tree! Hug a pillow. Hug anything! Showing affection for just being alive gives a spirit boost that is unparalleled.

10. And finally, as my Southern mama would say, "It ain't life-threatening." What she means is that it is useless to worry and stress over things that don't amount to anything in the grand scheme of things. Just letting things play out as they obviously would have anyway can save you a lot of worry in the long run.

I think my mama is a very smart woman. What do you think? :)

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!