June 27, 2010

For shopping online, nothing beats Novica - the world at your fingertips!

The first time I ever visited the Novica website, I was astonished at the range of beautiful items offered from artisans all over the world. The more I dug, the more impressed and delighted I became. At Novica, the world is your market and global artisans and their art are available at your keyboard fingertips.

I was instantly drawn to the jewelry section. Hey, I'm a woman, I love jewelry! The selections were outstanding. I was overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the products featured. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.

There is an amazing section called Unique Gifts that categorizes gift shopping to make it easier for you to find the perfect unique gift for someone special.

In need of corporate gifts? Novica has you covered there too.

I could go on and on. The Novica website is chockfull of delightful items that would make truly appreciated gifts, even if you just "gift" them to yourself. :)

What impresses me most about Novica is their philosophy. Here's what their website says:





We want to give artists and artisans around the world a global platform to express their true artistic talents and to spur their creativity. And, we want to provide you with access to unique, hard-to-find items at great values that only the Internet infrastructure can allow.

At the deepest essence of our philosophy, we want to create a bridge between you and the many talented artisans across the globe.

We want you to know about who you're buying from. We want you to feel that attachment to the product and to the hands that created it.

In the spirit of the Internet, let us bring you together.

NOVICA. The World is Your Market.


Aside from the fascinating products listed for sale on the Novica website, I am most intrigued by the Microfinance Program. Novica has offices around the globe in order to facilitate getting an artist's products to buyers. Being close to the artists, they see firsthand the hardships these artisans face in producing and marketing their art. Novica is launching the first-ever microfinance website where customers can purchase products and lend money directly to artisans.

And with no middlemen involved in the process, Artisan Loans will carry 0% interest. Yes - artisans will not be charged any interest. This revolutionary concept is possible only because Novica has offices in developing nations working directly with artisans and fulfilling customer orders. Now, their offices will also serve as disbursement centers for Artisan Loans, providing artisans access to the credit that they need to grow.

Please take a moment to get the facts on this exciting program and see the artisans in need of loans to expand or enhance their enterprises. You can pledge as little as $25 to help an artist achieve his dream! I personally am going to participate in this program and I urge you to check it out too. For less than the cost of taking your family to the movies, you can help an artist somewhere in the world to continue to create and support his/her family. It's a very worthwhile endeavor.

Novica gave me a gift certificate to use so that I could see for myself the quality and beauty of these products. As most of you know from some of my other reviews, I love fragrance, so I chose an incense burner and pack of incense sticks. Also I have spoken of this before, but in case you weren't paying attention :) I have had two hip replacements and still have difficulty walking for an extended period or distance. So I was delighted to find handmade walking canes on the Novica website.

Here is a picture of the two products I selected:
I was really impressed with the packaging. These products came to me directly from India and Thailand and they were packed with extremely loving care.  Cards are included with each item, a note from the artist and a bit about the product itself.

I was most impressed with the packaging of the incense from Thailand. It came wrapped in some beautiful recycled paper with a jaunty red bow, ready for gift-giving! I've saved the wrapping paper to reuse later. It's too beautiful to throw away!
Love the leaves implanted in the paper! The incense boxes themselves were also very beautiful, made from recycled materials.
The incense is absolutely wonderful and fills the area with a remarkable aroma. The cute little turtle ashcatcher is a conversation piece. :) The artist card included says: "Lavender Green: Lavender's discreet sweet aroma will bring calm and relaxation in the form of these scented incense sticks. A turtle, image of unperturbed serenity, comes along on a lotus petal - an ideal incense holder." And a note from the artist Sirinart Bongkotmas: "We craft souvenir products by hand at home, like scented candles and incense sticks. My elder sister...designs the articles. I help...and also create new craft lines." I was so impressed with the craftsmanship and loving care that I will be purchasing more from this artisan.


I also chose this Classic nickel-plated brass walking stick. Isn't it beautiful? The enclosed card says: "Crafted of brass and bathed in gleaming nickel, this design comes from Sourabh Mehta. He presents a classic walking stick to be used as a fashionable accessory. It unscrews into two pieces." And about the artist Sourabh Mehta: "I specialize in meenakari, which is a colorful and vibrant style that truly expresses the beauty of Rajasthan."

I couldn't be more pleased with these products available through Novica. And knowing that I am helping an artist in India and Thailand gives me a warm feeling inside. I strongly urge you to visit the Novica website and see for yourself the stunning array of items available from all over the world. I know you'll be pleased with your purchase!

There are some very good Novica giveaways going on right now in the blogging community. If you'd like to enter to win a Novica gift code, check out these giveaways:

My Silly Monkeys $50 Novica GC ends July 2

The Art of Random Willy-Nillyness $75 Novica GC ends July 17

Mom of 3 Dolls
$50 Novica GC ends July 8

Networking Witches $75 Novica GC ends July 1

Piece of Me $50 Novica GC ends June 28

Katydid and Kid $75 Novica GC ends June 27

Disclaimer: I was provided samples from Novica gratis in exchange for providing this unbiased review. No other monetary consideration was involved, and my review was not influenced in any way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!