June 3, 2010

Personalized fragrance from ScentCrafters - {review}


I love fragrance! Perfume, cologne, body spray, room spray, scented candles, anything and everything that has a delightful smell is a delight to my nose. The term "aromatherapy" resonates with me. Not that I actually use "aromatherapy" on any kind of regular basis. But my favorite fragrances always lift my mood and soothe my spirit.

I love to smell myself. Wait...that didn't come out quite right. :) What I meant is I love to smell my perfume when I'm wearing it. I hope I don't offend anyone else if my scent is too strong, but I want it strong enough that I can smell it constantly. You'll often catch me lifting my wrist to my nose during the day, just to remind myself that my scent is still there and to indulge in the delightful feelings that the fragrance creates for me by just smelling it.

Am I alone in this? Or are some of you the same way?

I'll forgo dinner out just so I can restock my favorite perfume. I'll pass on the new pair of jeans and head straight for the perfume counter. It's almost an obsession with me. I have my favorites, of course, but I love getting samples and trying new scents. You never know when you'll find your next favorite scent!

So you can imagine my excitement when ScentCrafters agreed to let me review their product. Oh, you haven't heard of ScentCrafters? Where have you been?? :) Just kidding! ScentCrafters and their sister site ScentMatchers provide you with an experience you won't find anywhere else. ScentMatchers claims to be able to replicate your favorite scent, even if it's no longer being produced. They have a vast database of scents and their respective fragrance notes, so if you're looking for an alternative to a nostalgic scent, give them a try.
But if you're looking for a scent package that is uniquely your own, give ScentCrafters a try. Placing an order is easy, and their website walks you through every step of the process. After clicking on "Craft A Scent Now!" and then "proceed" -

Page 1. You will see a list of scents, pick your favorite scent then hit "NEXT" at the bottom of the page.

Page 2. Choose one of our scent recipes based on your favorite scent, or create your own. To select one of our suggested recipes hit "CHOOSE"

Page 3. Pick a name, color, and bottle for your fragrance. Also upload a picture if you like. Hit "NEXT"

Page 4: This page summarizes your order and lists the price ($39.99). Hit "SUBMIT" and you will receive your custom fragrances in the mail.

And that's it! Simple! ScentCrafters gave me the opportunity to place an order for perfume so I could do this review. It couldn't have been easier! I simply chose my favorite scent base - my favorite happens to be Egyptian Musk. Yours may be Frangipani, Baby Powder, or Strawberry, whatever. Click Next.

Then they give you the option of choosing a "recipe" of recommended notes that will complement and work perfectly with your chosen scent base. Select one of the recipes that appeals to you, or alternatively you can choose to add your own additional notes. This is what I chose to do, so that I could give you a better review of the process.

Next, I selected up to 4 additional scents that would be added to my Egyptian Musk base scent. The whole idea was to create a fragrance that would be uniquely my own. So, since I love orientals, I chose Amber Dark, Chypre, and Sandalwood. But I wanted to add just a little something extra so that it wouldn't be so "heavy", so I added Honeysuckle as my 4th scent. Yeah, I went all out. :)

Next comes the really fun part! You get to name your new scent and choose a bottle shape and top. The bottle printing is really high quality. They can even do a logo. This would be a terrific gift for bridesmaids and bridegrooms and you could commemorate the occasion with your own personal printing! Love it! I also love that you get to choose your own bottle style and top, even the color of the perfume. I chose clear, but you could choose pink, light blue, or light yellow as well. You can also designate it as a perfume for women, men, or unisex.
After that, you get a page that shows your selection and bottle choice so you can double check everything before you place your final order. Ordering is easy too. And you'll get a shipping notification when your order is shipped so you can track it until delivery. They also offer a terrific bonus - after your first order, you get a password and then you can come back as a preferred customer and get a great discount on reorders or new orders! They even keep track of what you ordered previously so you can restock as necessary and save money doing it!

When I received my scent, I couldn't wait to see what they had done with my fragrance choices. I wasn't disappointed. I could definitely smell the Egyptian Musk base note as well as the sandalwood, amber dark and chypre. The only thing I might do differently next time is swap the honeysuckle note for something else. I love honeysuckle by itself, but in this particular combination, it just didn't work for me.

Or perhaps I'll take ScentCrafters' recommendations of what would go best with my base of Egyptian Musk. I mean, let's face it, this is my very first attempt at "creating" my own unique fragrance, so I'm only disappointed in my lack of education as to what scents mix best with what. I was not disappointed with ScentCrafters at all. They produce a splendid product that will more than satisfy your expectations.

I would only caution you, however, that if you decide to "create" your own blend, you must be prepared if the end result isn't quite what you anticipated. A good knowledge of what blends well with what would be a good idea to avoid any kind of disappointment. After all, when you choose your own notes, ScentCrafters is only following your instructions, right? By the way, did I mention they also offer a 30-day money back guarantee? Yep, that's right. If you are dissatisfied with your results, you can return the bottles within 30 days for a refund. So you really have nothing to lose.

The price is reasonable too. $39.99 for a 3.4 oz bottle. The 3.4 oz. bottle is known as a large bottle in the fragrance industry. Priority Shipping (2-3 day delivery) is only $6.99. And if you're a repeat customer, you get a nice discount.

Everything you receive is of the highest quality. The fragrance comes in an Italian glass bottle with custom printing. The scents themselves are made from only the highest quality natural ingredients.
For bulk orders please e-mail bulkorders@scentcrafters.com for special pricing. Bulk orders are perfect for birthdays, weddings, and other special events. Also GIFT CERTIFICATES are available by e-mailing support@scentcrafters.com

I'm thinking of giving a ScentCrafters gift certificate to my sister for her birthday. That way she could get just the fragrance she wants, and even get to name it herself! And what about that guy you just can't find a gift for? Guys love fragrance too, and knowing that this is your own unique fragrance makes anyone feel special!

Disclaimer: I was provided a sample gratis in exchange for providing this unbiased review of the product. No other monetary consideration was involved, and my review was not influenced in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!