September 11, 2010

Purely Products make your world healthier! {review}

Do you ever...

Put your purse on the movie theater floor?
Jump on the elliptical at the gym?
Grocery shop in flu season?
Slice raw chicken on your cutting board?
Use the computer everyone has access to?
Carpool kids?
Throw half-eaten snacks back in your backpack?
Use an airplane bathroom?
Lay a gym bag on a locker room floor?
Pick up the baby's pacifier off the ground?
Use a hotel remote control?
Let someone use your cell phone?

Clean, healthy living can be like running a germ gauntlet. Pocket Purifier™ puts a wall of defense in your hands with its handheld germicidal light.

Lightweight and convenient, Pocket Purifier sanitizes surfaces and objects with the same UV-C light that sterilizes surgical instruments. Ultraviolet light and nanotechnology eliminate 99.9% of germs that cause colds and flu, plus e-coli, salmonella, mold, fungus and MRSA (staph).

At home, at work, in public, for all high-touch surfaces, Pocket Purifier is the most environmentally responsible way to kill germs without chemicals - hands-down.


That was taken directly from the Purely Products website because I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

I don't have small children at home so I'm not picking up pacifiers off the floor, but I do work a day job doing technical support for public computers in public libraries.

Talk about germs! Did you ever stop to think how many germs may be on that keyboard or mouse? Well, I did... and it is a little scary to think of all the germs and bacteria I come into contact with on a day to day basis.

Not just saliva or snot. Those pretty much go with any public job. But what about more harmful germs? Bacteria? Viruses? And even diseases?

It's a wonder I stay pretty healthy most of the time. I guess my body just builds up my immune system because of all this constant exposure to other people's germs.

But now I don't have to worry so much about that, because I carry the Pocket Purifier from Purely Products. (try saying that ten times fast! :)
The Pocket Purifier is the handiest tool I've run across in ages and it's perfect for my job. I just throw it into my work satchel and off I go, knowing that within seconds I can eliminate virtually all of the germs that are just lying in wait on those public computers.

And it couldn't be easier to use. Just pop in 4 AA batteries and it's ready to go. Flip the switch to "Purifier" (it also has a built-in flashlight!) and hold it 1/2 to 1" from the surface you want to purify. It will affect about a 1" x 4" area. Keep the purifier directed for about 10 to 15 seconds and that's it! For a computer keyboard, I just move it slowly across then back a couple of times.

Does it work? I don't know. I'm not in any position to validate the results. It would take a controlled environment and scientific testing equipment to do so. But answer me this: What can it hurt? If it works at all, it's definitely worth it!

The Pocket Purifier is a wonderful gadget to keep handy. And it makes a great gift! Think of all the people in your life who could benefit from the Pocket Purifier. It runs on batteries, so no electricity needed. The bulb is replaceable. It comes in pink or black. And it's only $29.95 - a small price indeed for such peace of mind.
Purely Products sells other great products too, like the Sun Mate, which gives you a reading on the sun's UV intensity so you never have to guess if your sunblock protection is sufficient. Use it on a cloudy or overcast day and it'll open your eyes to just how much harmful UV rays are bombarding you or your children's skin, even when you think it's safe. Definitely a great item for the backpack, camping equipment, beach bag, etc. The Sun Mate is only $19.95. What a great gift idea!
Purely Products also sent me the Healthy CFL compact flourescent ionizing light bulbs to try. I couldn't wait to replace my old traditional incandescent bulbs with these energy efficient compact flourescent bulbs. I keep a small desk lamp right next to my computer keyboard, and on the other side there's also a small table lamp right next to my computer desk. I like having a lot of light when I work at the computer.

With the Healthy CFL bulbs, now I'm not only saving energy, I'm also transforming my space into a healthier environment because these bulbs also emit negative ions! It's a win-win situation. I love the feeling of negative ions emitted into the air. It just feels so cool and crisp, like standing next to a waterfall or something. And it has the added benefit of countering the harmful positive ions emitted by computers, televisions, telephones, etc. Having these on each side of my computer desk definitely made a difference for me!

A 15 watt bulb (replaces conventional 60 watt bulb) is only $13.99 and lasts for a long time. Add in the ionizing effect and it's a real bargain!
Negative ions also help remove pet dander from the air, so if this is a problem in your home, you owe it to yourself to look into Pet CFL. Pet CFL uses the same compact flourescent energy-saving ionizing technology as the Healthy CFL bulbs, designed to rid your space of pet dander and other allergens. At only $13.99 per bulb, a real bargain for you allergy sufferers. And if you buy 4 bulbs or more, get them for only $9.99 each!

Purely Products is a Knoxville, Tennessee based company that also gives back. Purely Products donates a percentage of all company sales to support diaperLove™, a non-profit organization founded to provide diapers and hygiene products to children in need. I think that's pretty awesome! And I'm proud of a company based in my home state of Tennessee that donates to such a worthy cause.
This is Purely: We are curious and discerning consumers looking for products for cleaner, healthier living. So, we develop the kind of products we want to use. We excel at translating proven technology (technology too cool to ignore, actually) into every day applications that make life better for everyone.

Living responsibly is a balancing act. We can help each other gain our footing. Purely puts products in your hands to make eco-friendly decisions for clean, healthy living easier, hopefully with the kind of compelling innovation, sterling quality and outright affordability that makes Purely Products an obviously smart choice.


Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Disclaimer: I was provided samples from Purely Products gratis in exchange for providing unbiased reviews of the products. (Thanks Patti!) No other monetary consideration was involved, and my review was not influenced in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!