November 27, 2010

It's time to GiveBack to your favorite charity {review}

Thanksgiving is the time to think about the wonderful blessings in your life. But what about those who aren't as fortunate?

The holidays make us feel more generous. That's a good thing. I wish I could give a gift to everyone I know...and everyone I don't know.

Now I can do both. GiveBack is a program that allows you to set up your own "foundation" (which simply means that you create an account and you decide where your donations go).

You can donate money to your own foundation and get an immediate tax deduction. You can also fund your account by shopping at any of GiveBack's hundreds of retailers through your GiveBack link and a percentage of your purchase (up to 15%) will go directly into your GiveBack account.

Then, you get the satisfaction of donating your GiveBack funds to any charity registered in the U.S., be it a large national charity or a local organization in your community.

Just by signing up for an account, $5.00 is automatically added to your donate-able funds. GiveBack is totally free to use and 100% of the donated funds go to the charities; none is kept for "administrative purposes".

That means a lot to me.

There is a local charity in my area that I want to support, so I did a simple search to see if it is listed and... it is! So I added Exchange Club-Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse to the list of charities in my foundation.

In my opinion, child abuse is an abomination for civilized society and should be completely wiped out. Child abuse is not only inherently wrong, but it leaves indelible marks on a child's psyche that never heal.

Carl Perkins was not only a musical legend but also a compassionate human being. His heart was moved by the plight of abused children to establish the Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse in Jackson, Tennessee. Carl is no longer with us, but the Exchange Club is helping to carry on the center's work to prevent child abuse.

Won't you help too?

It's easy. Just go to GiveBack.org and sign up for your free account. Then you can add funds to your personal "foundation" and it is all totally tax-deductible instantly. By shopping with the participating retailers, you can get up to 15% of your purchases added to your foundation funds as well.

Then when you are ready, you simply click a button to donate to your favorite charity. Just like I did for the Exchange Club-Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse.

And since we are in the middle of holiday shopping season, I'm going to check out the list of participating retailers and whenever possible I'll use them for my shopping, because I know that a portion will be put into my foundation fund...which means even more money for the Carl Perkins Center.

Do you have a favorite national or local charity? Do a search and see if your charity is listed. (If it isn't, it's easy to let them know, and they will look into getting any legally recognized charity listed on GiveBack.org)

Need more information? Visit the GiveBack.org website or spend a moment watching this video --


I know you'll agree with me that GiveBack is a great idea and you'll set up your own foundation, with $5.00 instantly added to your funds account just for signing up. And if you don't already have a favorite charity, I hope you will consider sending your donations to the Exchange Club-Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse.

Even if all you do is sign up and send the $5.00 to the Carl Perkins Center, at least that's more than they had.

And hopefully we can stop child abuse forever. That's my holiday (and year-round) wish for the world we live in. Won't you join me in helping to make that wish come true?

1 comments:

hbucket said...

Everytime I try to go to Carl Perkins site ,a message comes on not avialible sorry I could not contribute. Happy holidays to you and yours. etude37@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!