March 9, 2011

Feeling Lucky!

I'm blessed to have a fabulous family. I'm the oldest of six children, three boys and three girls. There is nothing in the world like the depth of attachment, affection, and loyalty between siblings.

Yes, that makes me very lucky, because I might have been born as a single child into a different family. But it makes me lucky in another way too.

My sister is the real lucky one! She's the one who seems to have been born under a lucky star. She's always winning some contest or sweepstakes or something.

Lucky her! And lucky me!

Why? Because she shares her good fortune with me! Take for instance last November...

My sister received notification that she had won a trip for two to New York City. Not only was I the first person to learn about her good fortune, but she invited me to go along as her guest!

I had never been to New York City before. Neither of us had. She could have invited any of her myriad friends to go, or her husband, or one of her children. But no.

She invited me.

The trip was all-expenses paid, except of course for what we spent personally. And the best part is that she got to choose the dates she wanted to go. We were able to attend a charity fundraiser college basketball game at Madison Square Garden that featured our favorite team, the University of Memphis Tigers. And our hotel was directly across the street from the Garden, right in the heart of Manhattan.

Talk about lucky!

So yeah, not only am I blessed to have a great family, but I'm lucky to have a lucky sister! She's not just my sister, she's my best friend. How lucky can one person be!

And by the way, I LOVE NEW YORK!! :)

Are you lucky to have friends like my sister? Do you love movies? Then you're in luck!

Redbox is giving everyone the chance to score free movie credits now through St. Patrick’s Day during the Redbox Lucky to Have Friends Like You promotion. Each fan receives a unique web address. Every time someone rents from your address through March 17, you get a free movie credit. Rental credits are valid for ten (10) days after they’ve been deposited into your account. Spread the word, and lucky you could be rolling in free movies this March.

Details can be found here.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and redbox blogging program, for a $25 Walmart gift card from redbox. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!