November 6, 2011

New Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Varieties! {review}

I love popcorn. No, seriously, I LOVE popcorn! I eat it at least twice a week. And nobody makes microwave popcorn like Orville Redenbacher!

So I was excited to hear about some new varieties soon to hit stores. My favorite is of course extra butter (yum!!) but now and then I'll grab a bag of pre-popped cheese popcorn or white cheddar popcorn. My second favorite popcorn aside from Orville Redenbacher!

Well, guess what? Okay, I won't keep you guessing... the news is that Orville Redenbacher's new varieties are going to be White Cheddar, Extra Cheese, and Sea Salt & Vinegar.


Can you say delicious???

I couldn't wait to toss my sample of White Cheddar in the microwave and check out the wonderful new flavor. It popped up just perfectly - there wasn't one single unpopped kernel - how unusual is that?! - and I didn't even notice a lot of husks. Orville Redenbacher is simply the ultimate in microwave popcorn!

The popcorn was plain, no added flavor or salt or anything. The white cheddar topping came in a separate little package, so you can add as much or as little as you like.

I, of course, used the whole package of white cheddar. :)

And it was too much. The white cheddar clings to the plain popcorn very nicely and really isn't as messy as most bagged cheese popcorns. But using the whole package made the popcorn too salty for my taste.

And I love salt. So if I say it was too salty, it was definitely too salty. You will want to experiment to find the right amount for you and your family, and DON'T add any extra salt. You won't need it, I promise.

In fact, that one little packet of white cheddar was so intense with flavor (and salt) that I could have used half of it, and saved the other half for another serving of plain popcorn later.

So if you pick up a box of Orville Redenbacher White Cheddar, you might also want to grab a box of Orville Redenbacher plain microwave popcorn as well, so that you can get DOUBLE the amount of white cheddar popcorn!

I don't know if this holds true for the Extra Cheese or the Sea Salt & Vinegar varieties (since I didn't get to sample them) but my guess is that it does. You'll just have to try them for yourself. I can't wait until they hit my grocery shelves!


{Disclaimer: I was provided a bag of Orville Redenbacher White Cheddar microwave popcorn gratis to facilitate this review. No monetary consideration was involved and my opinions are my own.}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!